Personal property claims due to Hurricane Florence

18 Sep 2018 | Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command

Note: All DON and USMC PCA claims are now adjudicated by PCU Norfolk

1. If you suffered loss or damaged to your personal property due to the Hurricane Florence, you can file a claim if:

A. The property was located on base or in your Government assigned quarters when it was damaged. Government assigned quarters is defined as housing provided in kind by the Government. PPV housing located within the perimeter of the installation is considered provided in kind by the Government if the occupant is active duty or a reservist on active duty.

B. You are a proper claimant under the Personnel Claims Act. A proper claimant is an active duty member, a reservist on active duty, or a civilian employee of the Department of Navy or USMC.

2. Claims packets for filing your claim with the Navy can be found on-line at In the headnote banner, click on “File a Claim” under the heading “For More Information” and select “packets and forms” on the right side of the screen. You may also obtain packages from the Office of the OJAG Personnel Claims Unit Norfolk (PCUN). PCUN information:
- The phone number is toll free (888) 897-8217, commercial (757) 440-6315
- The fax numbers are (757) 440-6316 and 444-3337
- The email address is

3. If you have private insurance covering your loss, you must make a demand against your private insurance carrier and include a copy of the insurance settlement and submit it with your claim package. If the damages total an amount less than your deductible, you simply need to attach a current copy of your declaration page showing the deductible. You can request an emergency advance in the amount of your insurance policy deductible. You must provide a copy of the claim you filed with your private insurance carrier.

Questions? Claims Help Line: (888)897-8217
The help line is manned from 0700 – 1800, Eastern Time.

The links below are required for a personal property loss claim with instructions.

Filing a Claim for Personal Property Loss Package. Instructions to fill out package.

For emergency partial payments fill out the Partial Payment Package. Instructions to fill out the package.