Unit HomeUnit HomeCivilian Employment
U.S. Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command


U.S. Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command

Camp Lejeune, NC

Civilian Employment Opportunities

MARSOC civilian employment positions offer opportunities to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and support our Marines, Sailors, and families. 

While you cannot use this MARSOC website to apply directly for a position, please click on the vacancies listed below to view a description of the position.   

For Active Duty Military and/or Reservists, please review the Veteran's Preference information posted on the USAJOBS website.  Most Active Duty Military and/or Reservists are considered 'VEOA' for a 5-point veteran preference eligibility.

USAJOBS has an Applicant Checklist to help candidates submit all of the documents required for a vacancy.  Be sure to read and follow the instructions carefully.  Failure to submit a complete application package may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration for a position.  Click here for the Applicant Checklist.  Appllicants must submit transcripts, SF-50's, and copies of licenses, etc if applicable.  

Veterans must provide a legible copy/copies of their DD-214 mbr copy 4 showing all of the dates of service, as well as characterization of service.  In lieu of a DD-214, a Statement of Service (SOS) can also be submitted.  The SOS must include all of the dates of service, the approved date of discharge, terminal leave dates, and the anticipated characterization of service (Honorable, General, etc.).

Appointments of retired members of the armed forces to positions within the Department of Defense will now need a waiver in order to start employment during the period of 180 days immediately after retirement.  Click here to review the Office of Civilian Human Resources (OCHR) Fact Sheet on 180 day retirement waivers.         

If you have questions regarding civilian job opportunities at MARSOC, please email marsoc.cpm@socom.mil.





Intelligence Specialist, G-2 (GG-0132-12) - The USAJOBS announcement for this position closed at midnight on Friday, March 15th.  

View Position Description


Information Management Officer, MRR (GS-0301-12) - If you are interested in applying for this position, click here for the job announcement on USAJOBS.  This announcement will open on Friday, March 22nd, and closes at midnight on Wednesday, March 27th.

View Position Description





As more positions become available, this page of the MARSOC website will be updated.  Please continue to monitor this Civilian Employment page for updates. 

Updated:  21 March 2019 

Click here to access myPay.