The mission of the Marine Special Operations School (MSOS) is to train and educate personnel for assignment as Marine Special Operations Forces (MARSOF) operators; provide basic and advanced individual special operations training; and validate MARSOF Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP’s) in order to produce basically trained Marine Special Operators and develop advanced special operations skills for the force.
MSOS is tasked to:
· Develop and conduct the individual training course to train the baseline MARSOF Operators
· Develop and conduct a series of courses for designated advanced special operations skills
· Coordinate via the U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Special Operations Command (MARSOC) G-3, with the Joint Special Operations University and Training and Education Command for higher-level and service training and education initiatives and programs
· As the component lead, develop and validate individual-level MARSOF TTP’s in coordination with MARSOC G-3, Marine Special Operations Regiment (MSOR) and Marine Special Operations Support Group (MSOSG)
· As the component lead, develop and validate requirements and testing for individual weapons, optics and other individual equipment in coordination with MARSOC G-3 and G-8
· Perform periodic curriculum review of training materials, courses and lessons learned