Purpose of Full Spectrum SERE Training:
The MARSOC Personnel Recovery (PR)/ SERE Branch has the responsibility to provide FullSpectrum Level C SERE training to MARSOC personnel encompassing Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) to plan for evasion, effect personnel recovery, survive and evade capture in austere environments and resist exploitation appropriately, in accordance with the Code of Conduct, should they become captured or detained.
Scope of Full Spectrum SERE:
Full Spectrum training will consist of classroom academic instruction, vicarious learning evolutions consisting of Academic Role-Play Laboratories (ARL), field survival exercises, an evasion exercise, experiential resistance training laboratories (RTL), an urban movement phase and a course debrief.
Scope of Peacetime Governmental Detention / Hostage Detention (PGDHD):
PGDHD training is designed to be a bridge between those individuals that attended only Wartime Level C SERE and current Full Spectrum SERE training requirements. Upon completion of PGDHD, Wartime Level C grads will receive Full Spectrum training certification.
Number of training days
- Full Spectrum SERE Course (ITC and stand-alone) – 19 days
- Peacetime Governmental Detention and Hostage Detention (PGDHD) – 5 Days
Maximum class capacity
- Full Spectrum SERE Course (ITC and stand-alone) – 48 students per iteration. ITC classes (72) are split to accommodate this.
- PGDHD - 36/ PGDHD MTT - 24
- Full Spectrum ITC SERE Course is conducted as per TEEP
- Stand-alone Full Spectrum SERE Course as required.
- PDGHD Course as required.
Target population description
- MARSOC, Open to all ranks. Other units requesting seats must contact MSOS S-3.
- SECRET security clearance
- Completed MARSOC PR/SERE Medical Screening Form
- Completed MARSOC Command Pre-screening Checklist
- Possess Medical and Dental records upon check-in