Purpose of Full Spectrum SERE Training
The MARSOC Personnel Recovery (PR)/ SERE Branch has the responsibility to provide Full Spectrum Level C SERE training to MARSOC personnel encompassing Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) to plan for evasion, effect personnel recovery, survive and evade capture in austere environments and resist exploitation appropriately, in accordance with the Code of Conduct, should they become captured or detained.
Scope of Full Spectrum SERE
Full Spectrum training will consist of classroom academic instruction, vicarious learning evolutions consisting of Academic Role-Play Laboratories (ARL), field survival exercises, an evasion exercise, experiential resistance training laboratories (RTL), an urban movement phase and a course debrief.
Number of training days
- Full Level Spectrum C – 19 continuous days
- Full Spectrum ITC SERE Course is conducted approximately 10 times annually
Target population description
- Designated billets as directed
- Secret security clearance (adjudicated final)
- Hard copy dental records
- Hard copy medical records
- Completed MARSOC PR/SERE medical screening form
- Hard copy orders
- MARSOC Command pre-screening checklist
- SERE physical within the last 60 days
- Required gear and equipment
- COVID Vaccine Card to present to SERE Medics
- PCR COVID test required for all personnel 96 hours (4 days) PRIOR to course start date to be provided to SERE Medics upon enrollment
If tested at home unit, the hard copy test results with test date and negative result along with personally identifiable information that it is your test MUST be provided to the MRTC Medical staff upon enrollment into the course. If personnel do not provide this information they will not be enrolled in the course.